Garage Fire - Charlotte, NC
While the entire home was affected by soot damage the only area needing demolition was the garage thanks to the extremely quick response of our local fire department. Thankfully the family escaped without injury and their personal items within the home were all restored by our trained technicians. When a fire happens inside of a home or a smaller open space, soot webs occur when the smoke from the fire is lingering in the air. They form when ionized soot particles that stick and chain together in cooler areas like corners and ceilings. This can happen in larger areas but over a longer period. If the smoke isn't properly filtered out of the affected property a thick black residue will form and then the soot webs form after that. When restoring a home after a fire like this, all surfaces must be scrubbed down with organic chemicals to rid surfaces of discoloration, soot, and odors.
Call us 24/7/365 for fire, mold, or water damaging problems to your home or business. (704) 847-8001.